Audible alerts are on by default. To hear them you must adjust your device's sound settings.
- Ensure your device is in ring mode using the switch on the side.
- Ensure your volume is turned up, either using the switches on the side of your device, or:
- Go to Settings > Sounds
- To set the volume for all sounds, drag the slider below Ringers and Alerts to a sufficient level.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Sound.
- Ensure that your device's Ring and notification volume is at a sufficient level to hear.