Please try the following suggestions.
- The Portal’s tab in your browser might be muted. Follow instructions to how to unmute the tab here.
- Check your operating system’s sound is on and volume is sufficiently high:
- On Windows machines you will normally have a speaker icon in the bottom right corner to switch sound on or off and to change the volume.
- On an Apple Mac machine open the Settings app, then click on Sound and check your sound settings.
Note that Safari does not allow automatic alert sounds to play. Please use another browser.
- Finally, check your external speakers are working correctly.