SMS notifications allow Guardians to receive task updates to their mobile device via an SMS message. These notifications can be set-up to be sent for task completion and alarms.
SMS notifications can be enabled or disabled at any point and are charged on a per-usage monthly basis, a full breakdown of prices can be found here. Standard or Professional plans come with a number of free SMS notifications included.
Don't forget that before Guardians can receive SMS notifications they will have to verify their mobile telephone number in their account settings on the web portal!
Step-by-step guide to setting up SMS notifications
- Navigate to your company settings screen.
- On the 'Plan details' section, tap the 'Manage SMS' button.
- On this screen you can enable or disable your SMS notifications at any point. Tap the 'Enable' button to enable SMS notifications for your company.
- Note: SMS notifications are a pay-as-you-go service and enabling them means that you will be charged for any usage. However, Standard and Professional plans do come with an amount of free usage.
- Once SMS notifications are enabled you will see this screen. You can disable SMS notifications at any point by tapping the 'Disable' button. This will immediately disable all SMS notifications, so be sure that it is safe to do so.
- You are able to set up a monthly usage alert. This will email you if you reach a figure you have defined. In the below image there is a usage alert of £5, once this usage has been reached an email will be sent to billing admins.
- Note: Reaching your usage alert amount will not disable SMS notifications as it may be unsafe to do so. If you want to disable notifications after receiving the alert you must do so as described in Step 3.
- SMS notifications are sent at a team level. All Guardians within a team will receive SMS notifications. To configure notifications within a team navigate to a teams' settings page.
- At the bottom of the team settings page is the 'Notifications Settings' section. Here you can select if you want SMS notifications to be sent to Guardians on a task completion, alert triggered, or both. In the image below both options are selected.
- That's it! You are now completely set-up and your Guardians in this team will receive SMS notifications on task updates.
- Note: All teams can have different SMS notification settings, managed from their settings. This allows you to flexibly build your teams in the best way for your business.